Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park

Re:Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4586

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
I would say that you used too much throttle once you were off track. It sounds like you applied about half throttle before you needed to countersteer to try and catch it. On grass like that, i would advise neutral throttle until all 4 tires are back on the pavement.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re:Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4588

Joe, you and rlofgren were right:

When you were headed off track, you did try to steer back on and you stayed in the gas pretty hard. If we move to the slow-mo part of the video, your hand movement at 2:07 (that very short input to the right) was most of what spun you around. You should have already been "maintenance throttle" and steering left to go right by the catch fence and re-enter down by the next corner. (So I disagree with your post-video comments)
MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion
Last Edit: 14 years, 11 months ago by mcmmotorsports.

Re:Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4590

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
rlofgren wrote:
I would say that you used too much throttle once you were off track. It sounds like you applied about half throttle before you needed to countersteer to try and catch it. On grass like that, i would advise neutral throttle until all 4 tires are back on the pavement.

That's what I noticed as well. It's easy to forget how slippery grass is until you're on it and it's too late. It's a lot different than just going off into dirt. I've learned to treat grass as if you're on ice.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4591

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
so, regardless of what happened after 4 wheels off, by watching your hands and hearing you lift throttle, was he was pushing you into the corner too hot? It looked like a bad line anyway, but you may have been able to save it if not for the help from the mr2.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4593

Gary_44 wrote:
so, regardless of what happened after 4 wheels off, by watching your hands and hearing you lift throttle, was he was pushing you into the corner too hot? It looked like a bad line anyway, but you may have been able to save it if not for the help from the mr2.

I take full responsibility with no fault blamed on my friend Ken in his Mister 2.

Here is the blunt of his damage:
MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion

Re:Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4603

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
by the way...I assume your ok? How's your neck? It was interesting to see that your helmet hit the side net pretty violently! Think I'll get one installed asap.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds