Username Password: Remember me

944 Spectacle?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 944 Spectacle?

944 Spectacle? 14 years, 8 months ago #5318

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Is it just me or does GRM magazine seem to always find a way to dis 944Spec?
usually they leave it out of NASA news alltogether, sometimes call it 944Cup and this time they called it 944 Spectacle. Not sure how to take that.

spec·ta·cle (spěk'tə-kəl)
n.

a)Something that can be seen or viewed, especially something of a remarkable or impressive nature.
b)A public performance or display, especially one on a large or lavish scale.
c)A regrettable public display, as of bad behavior: drank too much and made a spectacle of himself.
d)A pair of eyeglasses.
Something resembling eyeglasses in shape or suggesting them in function.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:944 Spectacle? 14 years, 8 months ago #5319

in the past there was hope that 944-spec would merge into being a sub class of 944-cup. during that time 944-cup was supported by promoters and not so much for 944-spec add to that 944 cup is east coast based ,GRM is east coast based and you have the problem.

Last year NASA kept 944-spec and got rid of 944 cup so cup moved out of the nasa news section. So it's up to me and other series directors to get 944-spec news to GRM.

Having the largest class at Nationals would put us way ahead of the power curve going forward.

SO in the past we had a problem . Now we are doing goobut we can and must do better !

Re:944 Spectacle? 14 years, 8 months ago #5320

Isn't 944 cup a very similar 944 series based primarily on the East Coast, and therefore more prevalent where they're at? Could just be that they have so many race series they get confused when there are different but very similar ones.

Frankly, their editorials and reviews of 944s and 944 Spec cars have helped turn me on to Spec 944.

I think you should drop them a note or put a post on their message board. They really are nice people and will let you know what's actually going on, and probably listen to your concerns. grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/
Last Edit: 14 years, 8 months ago by Salanis42.

Re:944 Spectacle? 14 years, 8 months ago #5324

That blub was mean to be complementary of our class and our large field at PIR this May.

I think the words were choose by the author who runs with NASA Az (although not a 944 guy).
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:944 Spectacle? 14 years, 8 months ago #5325

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
I guess tongue-in-cheek doesn't translate to text well.
I know GRM means no malice to 944Spec. Just thought it was a funny editorial slip.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:944 Spectacle? 14 years, 8 months ago #5328

• fishguy
  • Comp School
joepaluch wrote:
That blub was mean to be complementary of our class and our large field at PIR this May.

I think the words were choose by the author who runs with NASA Az (although not a 944 guy).

I saw the article and thought nothing of it except that i was glad to see the event covered.

i was part of the race, and from what i was told, it was quite a spectale and an entertaining race to watch the 20 of us battling it out.

it was my first event with NASA in my spec 944, but i will say that it was one that will bring me back for more racing with the group.
i had a blast!!!!!!!!!
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds