Username Password: Remember me

New here
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New here

New here 14 years, 8 months ago #5442

• Doc c
  • Drivers Ed
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say hi. I've been racing on the WERA motorcycle circuit for a few years now. 2007 Honda CBR600rr and before that I SCCA'd a 87 Trans AM GTA then before that used to Bracket race an alcohol 78 trans am.

the 944 spec class seems like an awesome equal playing ground/field where drive skill will take the flag. I'm still looking for a donor car in the northern Illinois area for pretty cheap. Right now I'm reading up and trying to get as much info as I can.

Re:New here 14 years, 8 months ago #5443

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Welcome. This is a great bunch of guys and gals that will help as needed with information and any tips you request.

Re:New here 14 years, 8 months ago #5444

and the mid west group is not all bad also...

Welcome !

Re:New here 14 years, 8 months ago #5445

• Doc c
  • Drivers Ed
thanks guys. I'm eager to get a donor and start building. I'm gonna try to hit the track at under 8g's next spring. I think I can pull off an ultra low budget build.

Re:New here 14 years, 8 months ago #5447

Welcome to the fun !

This is really a great class to run with for the quality of racing, but the quality of people involved and the helpfulness of the group is what makes it really special.

I can't miss the opportunity to let you know I have a ready to run up front car for sale for under your budget in the classifieds here (#87) I realize that the build is part of the fun that some of us have to go through too !!

Re:New here 14 years, 8 months ago #5448

Hey Doc C, this Doc K - I talked to you in the ED. You have a bunch of local support around here to help you get started.

Cullen's car is a great deal to get a turn-key start - I brought my 1st car out from out West as well - Dr. B (Blazquez) owns that now.
The donor car you posted up would be an option - that car has been FS for close to a year - you could probably get it very cheap. Just need some paint to fix that amateur paint job. Welcome!

Email me at eric dot kuhns at gmail dot com for more info.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds