Finally on track
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finally on track

Finally on track 14 years, 7 months ago #5672

• LVkid76
  • Junior Racer
Well I finally did it.
We got the car on the track for the first time this past weekend. My first DE day. Man I had fun. had school on saturday with some good driving excersises and had alot of track time. Sunday was all track time as well. We mostly used the weekend for our first test of the car. Wanted to see how it would handle. It has alot of roll to it. I need to get the torsion bars next 30mm solids and some coilovers.
probably even bigger sway bars.

I was just happy the car ran good no problems. wheel would shake on hard breaking from 100 or so. I will get the stock rotors cut.

But I am loving it. We had 3 944s on the track. Did some ride alongs in fast cars and everyone said I did pretty good for first time on a track.

Should have took pictures. Tim Meyer came out and gave me some input for the car. Man was fun. Next DE is Nov 21 and 22. Cant wait. Fun Fun

Re:Finally on track 14 years, 7 months ago #5680

don't cut the stock rotors.

Got to paragon products and order some of the cheap chinese made $30 rotors. Cutting racing rotors will just make them too thin. Replace them. The cheap paragon rotors work fine on these cars.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Finally on track 14 years, 7 months ago #5690

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Glad to hear it. Tim is a good guy to help with your set up. He is fast. He just needs to get over his aversion to NASA and come race with us.

Sway bars will help with the body roll. Just make sure you get the correct set up with adjustable down links (for pre-load) for the long term.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds