Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Enduro Strategies
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Enduro Strategies

Enduro Strategies 14 years, 6 months ago #5879

• JRichard
  • Senior Racer
We've got an three hour enduro comming up in November...I know its not the 24hs of LeMans but its going to take a pit stop and therefor some kind of pit strategy...

Haven't closed if it will involve a driver change yet, but what you guys have done in the past? (that worked...)

Re:Enduro Strategies 14 years, 6 months ago #5884

Practice and execute smoothly. Frantic unpracticed pit stops take forever. Methodical ones tend to be te fastest.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Enduro Strategies 14 years, 6 months ago #5889

• Big Dog
  • Banned
At 3 hours, my late car will only need 5 gals of gas maximum. Actually it may only need 1 or 2 gals so I am planning on running the race by myself without a pit crew. I will get out of the car, put in 2 gals of gas and get back in the car to finish the race.

Oh, I am looking to set a world record for running an enduro as a solo entry with no pit crew. I would guess it has never been done before.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:Enduro Strategies 14 years, 6 months ago #5891

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
Big Dog wrote:
At 3 hours, my late car will only need 5 gals of gas maximum. Actually it may only need 1 or 2 gals so I am planning on running the race by myself without a pit crew. I will get out of the car, put in 2 gals of gas and get back in the car to finish the race.

Oh, I am looking to set a world record for running an enduro as a solo entry with no pit crew. I would guess it has never been done before.

Big Dog

Is this a NASA enduro? If so, you'll need someone to hold the fire extinguisher while you refill (thus forcing the need to have a crew member.)
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec

Re:Enduro Strategies 14 years, 6 months ago #5899

Jim by rules you do need a fire guy and will need to at at least 5 gallons of gas. This is part of the NASA enduro rules. Read them or I will DQ YOU!!!!!

Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 14 years, 6 months ago by joepaluch.

Re:Enduro Strategies 14 years, 6 months ago #5902

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Joe just DQ him anyways on the principal that he got away with something somewhere one other time

Jim be sure to set up your gas can to pour quickly. This will require increasing the size of the vent to at least 1/2". I modified my plastic 5 gallon jugs using the stock vent hole and some AN fittings.

Make sure jug does not leak!!!!!! test a few times.

Remove the flapper valve in filler neck (remove from car first). Not legal for Spec but OK for E2.

Like posted above, practice.

Do not do anything while refueling car except driver change and wash windshield (if still legal).

Have fun!!
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion