Username Password: Remember me

Agenda for Meeting with National Office
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Agenda for Meeting with National Office

Re: Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 5 months ago #9835

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
I don't think Cal Speed charges an entry fee. I know that Willow Springs and Buttonwillow do.

I don't see a need to mess with something that works. This is amature racing. If we can get a lower price on the current tire then go for it. But I don't see any reason for Toyo to do that.

Developing a program to increase numbers should be the focus. Most people who want to race do not know where to go to get started.

Since we are one of the slowest classes it is unlikely that we will get drivers from other classes with in NASAProRacing. The new guys will come from outside of the competitive racing or from HPDE.

May have to have a BBQ and invite the HPDE4 guys. Free beer will always help
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 5 months ago #9846

• Fooshe
  • Comp School
Atteberry wrote:
Eric get out the $10 bill for Cal Speedway this weekend that will be the cost of admission:(

Hate to say it, but he Atteberry is exactly right. Here is how the converation will go.

Eric: Good morning!
Track guy: Hey...good morning....Ten Dollars please

Eric: Oh, sorry, I am Eric Kuhns, the new National Director for 944 spec.
Track guy: Ooohhhh, well congratulation on the new position!

Eric: Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to working with the group. So where is the 944 spec crowd parked?
Track guy: I am not sure, but if you drive around the paddock, I am sure you will see them.

Eric: Ok, thanks! Have a great day!
Track guy: Thank you...you do the same. Oh, Ten dollars please.

Sorry, I couldn't resist....
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by Fooshe.

Re: Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 5 months ago #9848

• JB3
  • Junior Racer
944Racer72 wrote:
...This may be only a NORCAL thing as Mid Atlantic didn't do it: I would recommend a discussion of the gate fee at the track. I think it is a bit ridiculous to charge a $10 gate fee for drivers who have already paid $300+ to race. I understand a fee for spectators but drivers and crew should be in the price of racing, even if that is $10 higher.

(Steve - actually you may not remember but even Summit Point gets into this for the stupid Hyperfest. However, Mid Atlantic does get them to allow a certain number of persons in for each racers. It's a pain. I hate Hyperfest.)

It is regional but leverage is what will fix it. Been through this nonsense before. EVERYONE should push NASA national to support our regions (who ever and where ever) to push back on this crap. It's the tracks doing it.

If I rent a track for a period of time then I should be able to have a reasonable amount of people arrive for that event with no extra charge. Gate fees are a scam.

And the only leverage we have is NASA as a LARGE entity.
'JB'
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by JB3.

Re: Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 5 months ago #9849

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
In Calif. we do not have the ability to bargain with the tracks. The tracks are rented out for every weekend with lots of clubs not getting any weekends only weekdays.

NASA could easily screw themselves out of track dates by starting to make additional demands from the track. Just a way of life in CA.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 4 months ago #9851

JB3 wrote:

It is regional but leverage is what will fix it. Been through this nonsense before. EVERYONE should push NASA national to support our regions (who ever and where ever) to push back on this crap. It's the tracks doing it.

If I rent a track for a period of time then I should be able to have a reasonable amount of people arrive for that event with no extra charge. Gate fees are a scam.

And the only leverage we have is NASA as a LARGE entity.

Since Jerry Kunzman is in our region and at our events, I think the NASA brass are well aware of the $10 fees. I don't have a philosophical problem with paying $10 more, it is just a pain in the butt to have to pay in cash at the gate, hold onto the ticket, etc. I would rather see them charge $10 more in the race fee and NASA can pay more to the track.

Re: Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 4 months ago #9852

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
I'm pretty sure the gate fee in NorCal is a NASA fee and not the tracks. I'm not sure how they would be able to charge only non-pre paid if they added the fee to registration but it's certainly something that has been frequently raised and Eric is in exactly the right position to get the details.

(I have some vague memory that the gate fee is used to provide the Sat night BBQ and Beer - but can't rely on it)
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds