Username Password: Remember me

STEERING RACK
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: STEERING RACK

Re: STEERING RACK 12 years, 4 months ago #12359

• genikz
  • Junior Racer
Hi Jim,

Yes, I did. I'm not sure if it's posted anywhere though. I can send it via email if anybody wants to PM me their email address.

Hmmm...I wish I could help with the binding issue. I didn't inspect the guts that closely. Thankfully when I put it back together, it all worked. Maybe see if some debris got in there?

200+ huh? Better impound your motor next race
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al Fernandez

Re: STEERING RACK 12 years, 4 months ago #12361

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I will check with Ken.

Oops, I meant 180mph+, not 200+. No need to look at my engine.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: STEERING RACK 10 years, 11 months ago #15927

• Gravity
  • Drivers Ed
Hi Chris,

I came across your post about depowering your steering rack, but I haven't been able to track down your instructions. Have they been reposted on line anywhere? Or can you e-mail them to me? loudtrousers(at)gmail(dot)com. Sounds like others have had great success following your instructions, and I'd like to give it a try.

Thanks,

Doug

Re: STEERING RACK 10 years, 11 months ago #15928

• genikz
  • Junior Racer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gravity

Re: STEERING RACK 10 years, 11 months ago #15932

• Gravity
  • Drivers Ed
Thanks - nice job on the detailed instructions.

Re: STEERING RACK 10 years, 10 months ago #16114

• Gravity
  • Drivers Ed
I followed your instructions and I'm very pleased with the results. The steering feels great, like the car was meant to be that way. For anyone else that's planning on doing this and looking at alternatives for plugging the all the leftover holes once the power steering lines are removed, I found some threaded plastic plugs at my local True Value hardware store. They push in, and then the threads keep them there. I added some adhesive to make sure they stay. They make a very nice almost factory looking finish, and they're really cheap.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds