Username Password: Remember me

Brake Pads
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brake Pads

Brake Pads 13 years, 4 months ago #9997

• PNM52
  • Drivers Ed
Anybody have opinions on brake pad brands, compounds and can you give me an idea how many races they last. paul meier 52

Re: Brake Pads 13 years, 4 months ago #9999

Paul, most of us use Hawk Blues in the front. In the back, some prefer Blues as well, others, Hawk HP+ (slightly less agressive, but also less risk of rear lock-up). Brake life varies with how hard you use them, wether you run enduros, etc. Rears should last more than a season. Front last most of a season, if not more.

BTW, I bought what was claimed to be a low mileage piston for the motor Jim's builing for you last week. They arrived today, and are at the machine shop being measured. Hopefully they will size out better than what we have now!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Brake Pads 13 years, 4 months ago #10001

• PNM52
  • Drivers Ed
Eric you have been very helpful as well as the other people on this forum Thankyou ALL Very Much. Paul

Re: Brake Pads 13 years, 4 months ago #10003

• joey
  • Drivers Ed
I have been using the DTC compounds by Hawk instead of the blue. The feel is not as good but it has excellent bite and wears about the same as the blue pads. They seem to be a more aggressive brake pad by feel. We generally run the enduros on race weekends so I get about 3-4 weekends out of a set of pads. Rotors are changed each season.

My personal preference is the blue but my lap times tell me the DTC's are a bit better for my driving.

Just another perspective for you to consider.

Joey Sullivan
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds