Gateway Pics
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Mid-West and Great Lakes Website

www.nasagreatlakes.com/
www.nasamidwest.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gateway Pics

Gateway Pics 15 years, 11 months ago #1039

944 Spec had a breakout day at GIR with 13 cars, and 4 new drivers added to the comp ranks. Thanks to the RM region contingent for blowing this up big! No I'm not talking about Cullen Winter's motor :wink: . While I'm still gathering up some info for the race report, I though I'd post some pics below. Every car had video Sunday, and is being edited into one awesome video - look for it soon. It was a great event all around, despite some carnage from the many walls of Gateway. (see pics below)

The 944 Spec Crew! [note to self, put the banner in front of the picture :roll: ]

Jeff Eshelman's pretty GT3-orange 944 stands out! (as does his IDOT worker- racing suit!)

Good close racing, with no car to car contact all weekend.

Weston doing some close up spectating :shock:

Any bets on who won this race?

Robyn's VFC hospitality. Hot lunch Mmmm... It's a different kind of
race fuel for BJ Meyer (second from the right)

Doug of VFC keeping 'em rollin' with lots of moral support here:

The carnage - lots o' walls, not so much grass :

Chuck Taylor, man of steel, holds the car up on his head! 944 Spec teamwork got this car back out on the track!

Angel gets some help pounding out the dents

Special thanks to Andy Berberich of Coop Racing for contributing part to keeps us going (including me).

Flipping burgers is much more dangerous than racing, but nothing my wife can't handle. As for Zach, well, the eyebrows will grow back. :mrgreen:

Every Midwest 944 Spec driver walked away with at least $100 cash contingency, even right out of comp school! Over $2,500 of contingencies were given away among 13 drivers!

If this looks like fun (and it is), come Check us out!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Gateway Pics 15 years, 11 months ago #1055

Sterling Doc wrote:
Every Midwest 944 Spec driver walked away with at least $100 cash contingency, even right out of comp school!

I did?

*BJ opens his wallet.*
*Moths fly out.*
*BJ looks inside to see nothing but a little lint.*

-bj
Last Edit: 15 years, 11 months ago by loftygoals.

Re:Gateway Pics 15 years, 11 months ago #1058

Well, if I could have found you, you would have. Now you have to get to Putnam to get it. Your car was there, but you were no where to be found. You get $100 - 1/2 for registering early, and 1/2 for graduating comp school. Plus you get $25 in Toyo bucks. Email me your address, and I should be able to take car of this for you. It was very impresive to keep yourself in the money missing gears out of the gearbox. Well done, BJ!

It looks like there will be 5-7 cars at Putnam, so we should be good for Toyo & CDOC bucks!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 15 years, 11 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re:Gateway Pics 15 years, 11 months ago #1084

Sterling Doc wrote:
Well, if I could have found you, you would have. Your car was there, but you were no where to be found.

I was out with a HPDE4/TT guy giving some instruction. Sorry I missed you.

Sterling Doc wrote:
Now you have to get to Putnam to get it.

Putnam is fine.

Sterling Doc wrote:
It was very impressive to keep yourself in the money missing gears out of the gearbox. Well done, BJ!

Thanks! My right shoulder is still sore from slamming the shifter into 4th. What's funny is that my fastest laps of the weekend were with the broken gearbox.

I'm taking the car back to Gateway on Wednesday for an SCCA thing in helping with. I going to see if I can completely destroy the gear box then. I wouldn't even drive it, but I want to do some testing with my new sway bar setup before Putnam. Of course I have to get the new transaxle installed some time soon, too.

-bj
  • Page:
Moderators: KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds