NASA Mid-West and Great Lakes Website

www.nasagreatlakes.com/
www.nasamidwest.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: B I R

B I R 12 years, 11 months ago #10859

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Bryce and I got there early to practice on Freyday with another group. Halfway through the day our trans axle locked into 2nd or 3rd gear. We couldn't tell as the shifter looked to be in neutral. Needless to say, the trans axle was toast!!! We put the car back on the trailer and called it a weekend. Bryce did not get his comp license or run any races. Funny, this was the only part of the car left untouched during the build, with the exception of a fluid change. My plan was to have it rebuilt during this up-coming off season. Even though I had no car to run, I was still committed to being at the track as an instructor, so I did see some track time as a passenger. Being a 10 1/2 pull from home I stayed Sunday night and left Monday morning. I towed the car directly to Nick's place where I dropped it off for a rebuild. All new gaskets, seals, synchro's, forks, plus a short 5th. An LSD is way beyond my budget. As it stands now with the cost of the rebuild, I won't be able to make Gingerman or Nationals. Joel's car was being readied for it's new engine with Ray's right behind. Nick has his hands very full at the moment.

As usual for the MW events this year, it rained Sat and Sun, with a few dry spells. Racing for the other groups was close and very clean, with only one or two very minor incidences. Not bad for a rainy MW weekend!!

It was my first time at BIR and out of the 12-14 laps I was able to run, had a blast. I hope to make it back next year with a few more of you!

See you all @ ABCC in July.

Ken

PIC_0792.JPG

PIC_0778.JPG

PIC_0798.JPG
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Last Edit: 12 years, 11 months ago by RacerX.

Re: B I R 12 years, 11 months ago #10877

Sorry to hear that Ken, sucks!
85.5 944 Spec #51 - Midwest
86 951

Re: B I R 12 years, 10 months ago #11015

Bummer, but we'll see you at ABCC!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: B I R 12 years, 10 months ago #11026

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Sorry to hear that Ken - this year the mechanical issues are all catching up with us (Sid, Me, Ray, Ken, Sam, Neal)!
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re: B I R 12 years, 10 months ago #11028

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
I've gone over every part on this car EXCEPT for the trans-axle, and was going to do this over the next off season. I just didn't have the funds to do it when I build the car. This is the very reason why I tried to go over everything, breakdowns at the track and loss of track time. It's tough to build, fix, chase down gremlins and learn the car. And if your wondering, YES, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

A big THANK YOU to Nick @ Benningtons for taking care of me!! Without Nick and Dennis, I'd still be down and out.

See you all at ABCC.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
  • Page:
Moderators: KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds