Username Password: Remember me

New VDO Water Temp gauge
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New VDO Water Temp gauge

New VDO Water Temp gauge 12 years, 8 months ago #11401

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Gentlemen, I want to install an electrical water temperature gauge and separate, new idiot light using the existing VDO sender (late car with two spade connectors of different sizes). I have removed the stock instrument cluster.

Can anyone tell me what information I need to order a gauge (or give me a VDO part number) that will work with the existing sender? Oh, yes, who has them cheap?

Also, how can I hook up a separate warning (idiot) light to the second spade connector?

Final question is which spade connector is for the gauge and which is for the idiot light, the two spades are different sizes so it should be easy to get it right with correct information.

Thanks, all, for your knowledge and assistance.

Jim Foxx
Jim Foxx

Re: New VDO Water Temp gauge 12 years, 8 months ago #11491

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I am bumping this post as I have not had any answers to the questions and I KNOW that there are those out there that have my answers.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: New VDO Water Temp gauge 12 years, 8 months ago #11492

Jim,

I'm not sure about the VDO sender. Maybe you could try asking VDO? I've got a mechanical gauge that takes a reading off of the water pump through a special adapter I had made.

For my idiot light, I use an inline radiator hose sensor to give me a secondary spot to take the temp in case something weird is going on at the gauge sensor.

Like this one:

www.summitracing.com/parts/FLX-32082

Re: New VDO Water Temp gauge 12 years, 8 months ago #11538

• Big Dog
  • Banned
OK, I got found the info needed and ordered a VDO gauge that works with the stock water temp sender. New gauge $35. Sweet.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

I'll Bite 12 years, 4 months ago #12437

Big Dog, would you share the information on the gauge and the source of the new gauge? Is it year or model specific?
#71 87 924S

Re: I'll Bite 12 years, 4 months ago #12445

• Big Dog
  • Banned
The gauge goes with the sender. You need numbers off of the sender and the gauge supplier can match the gauge to the stock sender.
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds