Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Shaved or unshaved for first set.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Shaved or unshaved for first set.

Re: Shaved or unshaved for first set. 12 years, 4 months ago #12483

Agree with all this ^^^^

Bigger slip angles are fun - 944's can really dance, but it takes some getting used to.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Shaved or unshaved for first set. 12 years, 4 months ago #12484

• vpk944
  • Comp School
So I need to back it off a few sessions at RA before I drive "flat out". Sounds fun, hopefully I won't miss the grip of a 275 Hoosier to much. Looking forward to building the Southeast Spec series.
Thanks for all of the advice.

Cheers

Re: Shaved or unshaved for first set. 12 years, 4 months ago #12486

No need to back off but the tires won't give you all they have until about 6 heat cycles. I've also found no need to cycle and rest the Toyos like you would a new Hoosier for max life. They don't seem to care.

You WILL miss the grip of the Hoosiers until you get in a race group with everyone on the same tires, then it is all fun.

Re: Shaved or unshaved for first set. 12 years, 4 months ago #12487

• vpk944
  • Comp School
I WON'T miss the cost associated with running lots of Hoosiers.

Re: Shaved or unshaved for first set. 12 years, 4 months ago #12488

• vpk944
  • Comp School
Forgot to ask. What is the expected number of heat cycles you guys get out of your Toyo's. You said they come in around 6. Hoosiers are ready to be sold to DE drivers at that number of heat cycles.

Re: Shaved or unshaved for first set. 12 years, 4 months ago #12489

I think they start to fall off around 15 cycles but the fall is gradual. I ran one set all season last year.

Also, Toyo's sponsorship is awesome. Once you get some fields, if you run near the front (or split money), you won't be buying tires. At least you will get significant discounts.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds