Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

How do I disconnect the parking brake cable?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do I disconnect the parking brake cable?

How do I disconnect the parking brake cable? 15 years, 11 months ago #1444

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Does anyone know how to disconnect the parking brake cable at the rear left brake? I have a method in mind, but I'm thinking the reassembly afterwards may be a pain, so I would prefer some input from someone who has either done it before, or who knows the correct way to do it.

Thanks
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:How do I disconnect the parking brake cable? 15 years, 11 months ago #1451

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Now it's your lucky day Weston. I just did this Saturday to remove the control arm. The e brake cable runs into the bottom of the hub plate and I just pushed off the clip on the bottom of the pin that holds the cable to it's linkage, pryed the pin up to disconnect it and pulled the cable out through the long rubber boot.
Hope that helps
Lee

Re:How do I disconnect the parking brake cable? 15 years, 11 months ago #1456

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
944cer wrote:
Now it's your lucky day Weston. I just did this Saturday to remove the control arm. The e brake cable runs into the bottom of the hub plate and I just pushed off the clip on the bottom of the pin that holds the cable to it's linkage, pryed the pin up to disconnect it and pulled the cable out through the long rubber boot.
Hope that helps
Lee

Cool! Thanks for the info. I was thinking I'd have to pull the brake shoes and everything all apart.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:How do I disconnect the parking brake cable? 15 years, 11 months ago #1464

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
We may have to pull it apart to get the pin and clip back in. Not much room in there.
I was in there because I found out my left rear wheel bearing has gone bad! I have the control arm off but need differant c-clip pliers to get the c-lip out so I can replace the bearings.
Lee
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds