Removing shift linkage from tranny
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Removing shift linkage from tranny

Removing shift linkage from tranny 15 years, 11 months ago #1445

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
I went to disconnect the shifter linkage from the transmission, and I discovered that it is/was held together by a 13mm bolt. Is that normal? Clarks-Garage described something different. Anyway, the head of the 13mm bolt snapped off, so now I have some drilling to do in order to get the thing apart. I just want to get an idea of how this is "supposed to be" connected together before I go crazy with the drill and ruin something...

Thanks
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Removing shift linkage from tranny 15 years, 11 months ago #1446

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Looks like the discrepancy with Clarks-Garage is just that my linkage bolt didn't have the wire in it like it was supposed to, so I guess I'll just go at it with the drill... Worst case scenario, I suppose I could just drill it all the way through and use a longer bolt with a nut on the other side.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Removing shift linkage from tranny 15 years, 11 months ago #1447

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I had the same problem with mine, snapped the bolt clean off. The good news was it happened to be at the perfect angle to get it with an easy out. I found another bolt that fits and ground the end down to a point to fit in the detent on the tranny(first put a jam nut on the bolt so I could fix the threads easily after grinding), and put some loctite on it. Haven't lost it yet, knock on wood!

Re:Removing shift linkage from tranny 15 years, 11 months ago #1450

we could cut off the shift linkage then remove the tranny. then go get the linkage from the parts car .

we could use the 15amp sawzall !
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds