Username Password: Remember me

Starting build on my 944
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting build on my 944

Starting build on my 944 10 years ago #17588

• Eric944
  • Drivers Ed
Hello all, never done this before (post on-line) and it has been a long time since I have turned wrenches on a car but I now have a 84 944na and am hell bent on taking my time and building a real solid race car to race up at Portland International Raceway! After everyone I know told me to just buy a car and go race I like to do things the hard way and love the idea of knowing my car inside and out. I have been reading the threads for about 6 months now and feel the only way I will get through this is with your help! I'm bringing the car home to my garage ( with my wife's permission and will start by stripping the inside. This thing is thrashed inside, but total investment so far $1000. My first question is in what order should I remove and redo things to make it less painful? After pulling the interior I was thinking of starting at the rear dif and working my way forward to the engine. It all has to be redone or at least inspected and cleaned but anyone have advice as to where to start. Please keep in mind I will be doing this build over 4years. At this point I just wanted a hobby project car with the end game racing when I have more time. I am not in a hurry, I just want to do it right! Thanks in advance!
Eric

Re: Starting build on my 944 10 years ago #17589

I've already sent you the Technical Articles from this website on Pelican. Read up on what others have done, instead of asking someone to repeat everything via this post. After you've got into your project, typical questions then usually relate to 'how to's' on wiring, or replacement dashes, etc. Good luck with your project.

Re: Starting build on my 944 10 years ago #17590

• Eric944
  • Drivers Ed
Thank you! I will use the info that has been posted and keep you all posted on my progress!
Eric
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds