Username Password: Remember me

Swapping front left fender
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Swapping front left fender

Swapping front left fender 15 years, 9 months ago #1860

• Utah944
  • Junior Racer
I will be replacing the driver side front fender which was remodeled during the miller week end. It looks like screws a long the top and three on the firewall area. Has anyone done this and if so how long should I expect it to take.

thanks

Re:Swapping front left fender 15 years, 9 months ago #1862

has it been off before ? I mean by a PO ? if it's been off then it's easy. if not ... there is a bunch of goo on the rear bolts so it will take over an hour.

Re:Swapping front left fender 15 years, 9 months ago #1863

• Utah944
  • Junior Racer
No it does not appear it has ever been off. should i replace the goo when I but the new one on?

Re:Swapping front left fender 15 years, 9 months ago #1864

NO GOO !

Re:Swapping front left fender 15 years, 9 months ago #1865

GOO = Weight = Bad

You were overweight by 40lbs or so on the scales at Miller so 2-3 lbs of goo needed not be replaced.

Replacing the fender on a race car is not hard since the replacement need not be aligned just perfectly. So the hardest part will be FIND all the bolts under all the goo.

The alternative is hammering and bondo. I did that to my left front fender rather than replacing it. I only have 1 spare (1 944 and 2 924S parts cars leaves few spare 944 fenders) and as such I like to repair as much as possible since if that fender gets really crunched then I will need a replacement. I forgot how bad the fender got hit. The metal is pretty easy to bend back even on the car since you can get to the back side pretty easy.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 15 years, 9 months ago by joepaluch.

Re:Swapping front left fender 15 years, 9 months ago #1866

• Utah944
  • Junior Racer
Thank joe- I already have a nice replacement so i will be swapping them tonight. No crunched up race cars. Hammering and bondo= painting which I don't like.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds