Username Password: Remember me

Latest thinking on on front control arm bushings
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Latest thinking on on front control arm bushings

Latest thinking on on front control arm bushings 9 years ago #19242

• johntorg
  • Comp School
Please forgive the cross-post. Didn't see the race car build forum at first.

Building a 2nd 944Spec car. It's an 83. I'd like to know current thinking on front control arm bushings.

For the front there appear to be four choices:

Stock Rubber
Weltmeister (no steel inner ....Problem?)
Racer's Edge Delrin
Powerflex (from Pelican)

For the rear of the control arm there appears to be:

968 M030 (not sure if it fits)
Weltmeister
Powerflex

Re: Latest thinking on on front control arm bushings 9 years ago #19244

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
In the front I use the Welt with no bushing. Stay away from Delrin. The control arm needs movement at that pivot point. Delrin creates bind.

In the rear if you have a set of rear control arms that the factory bushings look great then use those. My current car has stock and it works great. Use Delrin in the torsion tube area.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Latest thinking on on front control arm bushings 8 years, 3 months ago #20335

Going to bump this up since it doesn't look like it has had many responses, and because I have finally started to work on my car. My car is a 1984 car which means that the bushings in it are 31 years old. Given that rubber deteriorates with exposure to air and other chemicals I would really like to replace as many of the stock bushings as practical. I have the suspension kit fro Paragon with the Weltmeister anti-sway bars and I assume that those come with the appropriate bushings for those bars. Probably rubber but I am fine with that. Right now I am considering Power Flex bushings for the front A-arm (or wishbone) with their race compound for the front of it and their street compound for the rear.

Any other advice? How about for the rear bushings? I saw where cbuzzeti says to use Delrin for those but which to start with? I am willing to spend a little money, but I don't want to waste money and to be honest I am not a good enough driver to get the full advantage out of the really high end stuff.

All opinions are welcome
NASA SE Grid monkey extrordinaire
'94 Honda Civic RIP
1984 944 work in progress

Re: Latest thinking on on front control arm bushings 8 years, 3 months ago #20364

• Robbie
  • Junior Racer
  • The dread pirate
1987 924S #5 NASA RM
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds