Username Password: Remember me

Seat mounting questions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seat mounting questions

Seat mounting questions 15 years, 9 months ago #1932

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
I tried asking this in NASA general racecraft, but no answers so I'll try here.

Are FIA approved sliding seat mounts still OK to use?
I'd be getting the dual locking Sparcos with the special 16" wide handle.
Also, instead of using a single mount back brace, I like this adjustable double mount I found on Jegs, but not sure if it has to be FIA or SFI approved.

www.jegs.com/p/Jegster/750988/10002/-1/10509
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Seat mounting questions 15 years, 9 months ago #1934

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Gary,
My seats are mounted on sliders (stock 944 early ones if it matters) and passed 2 Annual's so there shouldn't be any problem with FIA speced ones. With me at 5'9" and my son at 6'2" (and growing) we needed to be able to change the seat position.

(I realise that the sliders are a weakness in the setup -- but then everything is some form of compromise)
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Seat mounting questions 15 years, 9 months ago #1935

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
I used a sparco slider on my sparco race seat. I did have to turn it around so the release/locking bar was in the back. There was not enough room to release the slider with the bar in front. Could have been my installation, but that seemed to be the easiest solution.
I used an I/O Port seat back brace that was tubular and required drilling of holes for pin for differant seat positions (wife's, mine).
Last Edit: 15 years, 9 months ago by 944cer.

Re:Seat mounting questions 15 years, 9 months ago #1936

So do you have a FIA seat (no back brace required) or a non FIA seat you are trying to mount on quality sliders ?

Last I check there was no cert level for "FIA Sliders" I could be wrong...

the double locking sliders are better ...

Re:Seat mounting questions 15 years, 9 months ago #1938

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
SFI rated aluminum intermediate road race seat, so I'll need the back brace. I'm sure the double brace I'm talking about is more solid than the tubular single bracket type, so I hope they're going to be OK with tech.

My son and I will share the car too, and I'm teaching my daughter to drive stick shift in it so sliders on the drivers side are almost a must have.

The main reason I question the sliders is the guys at Livermore Performance said sliders weren't legal anymore, great guys that could have just made a buck and sold them to me, but they wanted me to make sure I was legal.
I don't see any revisions in the CCR about it.

Thanks, I'm placing orders tonight.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway
Last Edit: 15 years, 9 months ago by Gary_44.

Re:Seat mounting questions 15 years, 9 months ago #1948

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Obviously your call, but IMO the tubular brace looks to alot easier to adjust once you have the three positions drilled. You just remove pin, move seat to desired position, replace pin and good to go. It worked pretty well when my wife and I had to do the quick seat change between sessions.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds