Username Password: Remember me

Question: Numbers
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question: Numbers

Question: Numbers 14 years, 9 months ago #5388

• LVkid76
  • Junior Racer
I am wondering about the numbers on the car. I am going to join Nasa, and I was reading about the numbers and the Backgrounds. I have noticed on alot of the pictures of everyones cars that have different backgrounds. Upon joining Nasa do they provide a square background and numbers or should I go get vinyl done.

Also read I need to add a 12 sq inch sticker in bright orange to the rear for being a rookie, along with an R after the numbers. Do they provide that too or I need to get done myself.

Sorry might sound stupid but not really clarified on their website. Well that I could find.

Re:Question: Numbers 14 years, 9 months ago #5389

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
You need to get your own numbers and R's. Check with your local region to make sure the number you want is available in your class.
Last Edit: 14 years, 9 months ago by 944cer.

Re:Question: Numbers 14 years, 8 months ago #5394

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
If you like the 944-SPEC.org number plates on some of the NorCal 944-Spec cars they are $50/set for the left and ride side doors.
You can order them from This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

For the rear rookie orange marking you can flip your license plate over and cover it with bright orange tape available at Orchard hardwares or Art supply store.
--Ken
Last Edit: 14 years, 8 months ago by pixrken.

Re:Question: Numbers 14 years, 8 months ago #5396

You can choose a standard number board like Ken's or just get your own number done. Back in 2002 I wanted number boards for the class, but it just never worked out and I never felt it worth the effort to push for the same for all.

Where you plan on running?
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Question: Numbers 14 years, 8 months ago #5399

• LVkid76
  • Junior Racer
Well not sure. The car is ready to run. Getting it corner balanced next week and wheel alignment. Just got back from my painter. looks nice. I am running next month with friends at http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/
on Sept 19 and 20 for DE day. plus my friends belong to track and said they will take me more this year to learn. I want to race next year. Thinking of coming to phoenix to run , its just a drive. atleast I am in the middle of all the race states being in Nevada. bought a motor home to travel with car. lol

before I can run still need a FIA seat, looking at racetech or kirkley
and still need one more door bar. missed the 2 bar thing when had cage done.

Re:Question: Numbers 14 years, 8 months ago #5400

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Take a look at the Butler Buit seats. They are making a road racing version now. I am a STRONG beliver in both the shoulder supports and the halo avaiable with their seat.

The site can be confusing. If you are interested and have any trouble, contact me and I will assist you to find the correct set up.

A great seat will give you confidence and you will be faster with it.

Jim "Big Dog" Foxx
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds