Username Password: Remember me

Help for battery cables
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help for battery cables

Help for battery cables 14 years, 5 months ago #6425

• bnewport
  • Comp School
Have a problem, just looking over the car prior to installing the oil temp guage and the battery cables from the battery that go through the firewall and then down behind the engine are completely rotten and the insulation is missing in two inch gaps here and there so the live cable is exposed. I probably need to do something about it or risk an electrical fire pretty easily.

Anyone any ideas for replacing them? Are they 944 specific? I'm supposed to leave on Wed early for Road Atlanta so I have to fix this or abandon.

Pictures: www.flickr.com/photos/trackpedia/sets/72157622784930813/
Last Edit: 14 years, 5 months ago by bnewport.

Re:Help for battery cables 14 years, 5 months ago #6426

• JRichard
  • Senior Racer
You got lucky, mine burnt up the harness on the track and all my cables still looked good but had a bad spot down to the starter. Get them off of there! You can just take off the old cable and make up new ones with welding cable from home depot and ends from the auto store. On the oil guage careful where you run the tube I got heat from the header that had me scratching my head thinking I was overheating the oil, best to go over to the drivers side or put heat wrap around it. My pan was drilled on the pass side and I was stuck with the length of the guage pipe, it was 10" away but it still affected the readings...
Last Edit: 14 years, 5 months ago by JRichard.

Re:Help for battery cables 14 years, 5 months ago #6428

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
A NAPA store should have all of the parts and even be able to crimp the ends on.

Re:Help for battery cables 14 years, 5 months ago #6433

• bnewport
  • Comp School
Thanks
I'll take off the cables and bring them to NAPA then and get the ends reinstalled.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds