Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines!

Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines! 14 years, 5 months ago #6429

Hi guys. I'm working on rehab-ing an '84 Spec944. I know it has an '87 engine and may have some other weird parts, but this surprises me...

I was replacing the stainless braided brake lines and I ordered a set from Pelican Parts that says they're for 944's to '89 and Turbos to '87. The rears were fine, but the fronts had a problem. My calipers have a female flare in them (cupped) and the lines I took out of them had a male (pointed) flare to match. However, the new lines that I received have a female (cupped) flare on the end of the line. The end that goes into the caliper is male-threaded.

The later model calipers seem to go to a male fitting on them, so the lines have female ends on both ends. Does any one have any idea what calipers I might have and if I might be able to find an adapter to make these work?

Thanks!

- Anthony
-Anthony
'87 BMW 325is SpecE30 #003
Instructor for: BMWCCA, PCA, Chin Motorsports, Street Survival
AnthonyMagagnoliRacing.com <<>> DTROneLap.com <<>> MyTrackSchedule.com

Drive Faster Now

Re:Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines! 14 years, 5 months ago #6430

I need the flare style on the left. I received what is on the right...
-Anthony

Drive Faster Now
Last Edit: 14 years, 5 months ago by Z3SpdDmn.

Re:Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines! 14 years, 5 months ago #6431

here's the pic
-Anthony

Drive Faster Now

Re:Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines! 14 years, 5 months ago #6444

The ones on the left are what's on my car. Sounds like you got the wrong ends for our calipers, not weird calipers.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines! 14 years, 5 months ago #6445

Really? Where did you get your SS lines from? If I didn't receive the correct lines for our cars, then Pelican Prts should take these back. Either way, I need to get the right ones somewhere.

Thanks!
-Anthony

Drive Faster Now

Re:Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines! 14 years, 5 months ago #6448

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
i thought they were different early and late. last time i ordered from paragon products, they asked me which calipers i had. now i remember, it was something about male vs. female, not the weird cupped vs. open end thing you have. strange.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/
Last Edit: 14 years, 5 months ago by rlofgren.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds