Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+)

New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+) 16 years ago #830

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8...amp;id=1204332008907

Has anyone tried one of these yet? 720p and 1080p for $169 is really tempting me to pick one up and test it out at Gateway. It's a low quality implementation of HD video, but I'd expect that it still beats my standard definition stuff, which has been giving me problems lately anyway. My only concern is that it is gives you .MOV files (ie QuickTime) using the H264 codec, which doesn't have a lot of software support yet, but it is an improvement over the excessively large .ASF files that the older Aiptek's (non-HD) use.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+) 16 years ago #832

I've got the A-HD 720 that I'm planning on bringing.
David Wright
#96 944 Spec
NASA Rocky Mountain HPDE 2 Group Leader

Re:New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+) 16 years ago #837

That seems like a good price . Not quite as good as the ebay price but still pretty good.
I would like to have one of those for my front view . The one I use now is 480P. Then I have the standard def for the rear or to go with a bullet camera .

Re:New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+) 16 years ago #838

I also really want to see Rays setup for 4 cameras.

Re:New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+) 16 years ago #844

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
AvantAddict wrote:
I've got the A-HD 720 that I'm planning on bringing.

I was looking at that model too... it can be found in stores for $40-50 cheaper than the A-HD+. Any opinion on how well it works? I've heard some people mention performance/quality issues with fast action or fast panning on that model, but it seems like that might not be a problem for an in-car camera because a lot of the video would be pretty similar from frame to frame.

944 Pics & Video

Re:New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+) 16 years ago #846

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
I bought one tonight... I like it a lot more than the old style Aiptek's, the picture seems pretty good, but the sound has some distortions, so I may do microphone replacement surgery at some point. It comes with a program that will easily convert the .MOV H264 files to an MPEG-4 ASF (aka WMV) or AVI, so that's really nice, but the catch is that it seems to have a 720p max when you do that. It also comes with software that allows the .MOV files to play directly in Windows Media Player (the QuickTime player is annoying, especially with HD video).

BTW... Best Buy is selling a two-pack of 4GB SDHC cards (ie 8GB total) for only $44, so that's a pretty good deal if you have one of these cameras, or something else that can use SDHC (regular SD devices can't).

944 Pics & Video
Last Edit: 16 years ago by Weston.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds