Username Password: Remember me

Just another 87 Spec car build
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just another 87 Spec car build

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years, 2 months ago #10835

• JB3
  • Junior Racer
joepaluch wrote:
Creativity is something I like in a budget class. In fact I have always preferred keep in the dash board in place for appearance reasons. We had rules in place to require at least part of the stock dash to keep a more finished look. I gave up on that as so many stock dash boards were just old and falling a part anyway, but this FG replacement was made on the cheap at home and once finished should look really slick. I like it.

BTW... defroster. You maybe able to ditch the blower motor. I have run in rain races with no interior fogging issues. I have my stock early heater box with the vents fixed to defrost mode. I still have the blower motor, but it has not worked in years. It seems just driving moves enoigh air due to high presure at the base of the windshield. So you may get enough air flow and may not need the blower motor weight.

Just a thought - depends on where you live. Here on the east coast it's worth having some kind of defog. Not often, but at least once or twice a year we have races where the guys without drive around trying to reach the windshield with a rag!
'JB'

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years, 2 months ago #10840

yeah defrost is a must w/ the humidity in the mid west. Arizona/Cali you dont have that prob. much i guess..

Welded in my emergency disconnect bracket and mounted the switch up by the dash. Then i ran the ground wire under the dash and over to the battery box through an exhisting grommet. I also decided to respray my dash board after cutting the notch for the battery wires. I didnt like the center painted w/ the carbon fiber look so i sprayed the entire dash w/ the bed liner spray, clean and simple.

DSCN5054.JPG

DSCN5055.JPG

DSCN5057.JPG
"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting."

Follow my blog at danj944spec.wordpress.com/

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years, 2 months ago #10841

Dan, again looks good - I like that location of the kill switch - visible, and out of the way. I might move mine there.

John -are you heading to Nationals from the East Coast?
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years, 2 months ago #10842

make sure you cover the back side of those terminals. Hate to stick a hand or other tool in there and by accident arc to the cage.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years, 2 months ago #10854

any advise on mounting the window net? The one in the dragon works well but i have the nascar bars on the ds and im not sure how to go about mounting it. Maybe they have a different net for these bars?
"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting."

Follow my blog at danj944spec.wordpress.com/

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years, 2 months ago #10855

I have a standard mesh window net. The bottom bar front stay I welded onto the underside of the upper Nascar bar, so it doesn't poke me getting out. I have the upper front mount on the a-pillar, and I bent the upper bar slightly to keep the top of the net high, but still move the front mount down the a-pillar a bit, to keep it more out of the way of my head getting out. The mesh net stretches in the middle a bit to accomodate this. This also moves the solid border of the net forward, out of my view of the side mirror. and taught, up front.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds