Username Password: Remember me

new spec racer
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: new spec racer

new spec racer 12 years, 11 months ago #10887

Hi guys. Im carl and I am planning on entering spec next year. I have an 87 944 and the engine is out right now. I picked it up cheap with a spun #2 and sourced a good bottom end. Id like to meet up with all of you this year at some events and get a look at what im getting into. I am a skilled mechanic and I also have a 928 and I just picked up a 931 real cheap that may find its home on the track. Im no stranger to building cages but mostly jeeps and buggies. Id like to check out some of your cars for reference.

I plan on coming to the ppir event in july but id like to come to the next as well. Im really looking for a ton of de as well and have no illusions of not needing alot of advice. I plan on driving the 931 during open lapping at pmi all summer once I get the car on the road sorted. Not sure if this is the kind of group that will welcome a comeplete newby but here I am.

Also as I mentioned the motor is out of the 944. Id like to talk with some local builders about putting it back together within the rulebook. Things like welding the pan that im capable if but would like to see what that means. Looking forward to learning to run with you guys.
81 928 s3.5 5 speed lsd
82 931 5 speed
87 944 n/a 5speed track car(under construction)

Re: new spec racer 12 years, 10 months ago #10949

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
Hi Carl - welcome!

I wish I could help, but I'm nothing of an engine builder myself and have a similar question. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi - hopefully one of these guys has some info to help us out. There are a couple of car build threads in the build section of the forums, and the guy (xboost90?) making the 87 944 may have pictures, info, whatever in regards to the oil pan. I haven't read through the entire thread but it looks like there is some good info there.
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds