Username Password: Remember me

alignment help
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: alignment help

alignment help 16 years, 2 months ago #303

I just got the car back from a local shop for an alignment. This is what they gave me. It is far from what I asked for, but I was told this was the max on the -camber and +caster. Are they just inept, slaves to what the computer tells them, or is this realistic with stock parts (except for sways) ?
front
camber -1.8
caster +2.2
toe 0.0

rear
camber -.9
toe -0.10

If I can get better #s than this, do any of you RM gents have the skills to help me tweak the camber and caster at Pueblo ? My favorite alignment guys are in ALB, and I don't have time to make a trip down there. Thanks guys

Re:alignment help 16 years, 2 months ago #304

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Are you on stock suspension, or are you lowered? If it's stock suspension, then that seems about right for the stock camber adjustment. I don't know anything about caster on these cars though. Watch out for issues with the front Toyo's rubbing the big stock springs when you run that much negative camber. It's easy enough to adjust that at the track, and we can measure and set toe too if needed (your toe numbers look good though), but I'll be instructing and probably wont have any time, so I volunteer Chris.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video
Last Edit: 16 years, 2 months ago by Weston.

Re:alignment help 16 years, 2 months ago #305

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
I did my camber at the track last year. Not too bad with the help of Chucks open bottom trailer. Just have the correct wrenches for those bolts. The numbers look good to me though.

Re:alignment help 16 years, 2 months ago #306

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
i have no problems helping, unless my car is broken... it better not be.

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re:alignment help 16 years, 2 months ago #307

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Chris wrote:
i have no problems helping, unless my car is broken... it better not be.

Now that we're both towing, we can feel free to break our cars, and then procrastinate on fixing them until the week before the next race.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:alignment help 16 years, 2 months ago #308

Thanks guys, I was surprised that was all the - camber they could get. No, I'm not lowered, all stock except for sways.
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds