Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

my PMP setup.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/

TOPIC: my PMP setup.

my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #432

350lb front springs welt front sway bar about in the middle . -3 camber left front . -2 camber right front. 0 toe , max caster. koni shocks just stiffer than halfway.

rear full soft on the konis . 30mm bars 0 toe , -2.5 camber both sides . welt rear sway bar a little more than half stiff .

Thats what I wanted . I did not check it from our last event of 2007 but I'm sure it was close to that.

Tire pressure was really hurting me . I could not adjust to the way the sun was coming in and out of the clouds . so I started the pressures low thinking they would come up then the clouds came out and the tires were rolling over due to low pressure. then in Sundays main race I started the pressures at 35 but after 15 or 20 minutes the rear started feeling slick "Capt Oversteer" I am !

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #434

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
Front
375lb springs
konis- never touched them, full soft?
27 mm m030 sway bar with reinforced braces and delrin bushings
0 toe
-3 camber both sides

Rear
30mm Tbars
20 mm M030 sway bar (nonadjustable)
konis with arbitrary settings(im not sure since there is no reference point when adjusting them or any indication that any changes are being made, i tried to make 2/3 max rebound)
0 toe
-2.5 camber both sides

Tire Pressure

Saturday started too high at 32 cold, felt "greasy" when hot

sunday changed to 28/29 lbs all around and no complaints, front driver side i was rolling over the sidewalls pretty good so i increased to 29/30lbs

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by Chris.

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #436

SvoChuck wrote:
Tire pressure was really hurting me . I could not adjust to the way the sun was coming in and out of the clouds . so I started the pressures low thinking they would come up then the clouds came out and the tires were rolling over due to low pressure. then in Sundays main race I started the pressures at 35 but after 15 or 20 minutes the rear started feeling slick "Capt Oversteer" I am !

Chuck,
Norm Hamden gave me this tire pressure tip.

Run a session to get he tires warmed up and then check pressures. Let say you want to see 38 or 39 PSI hot on all 4 tires. Well after this session check all pressures and if over bleed down to 38 psi. If under note how much(ie 36 psi hot) and then add air (ie 2 psi) sometime before the next session. Now before the next session do not change pressures. They may be varried at each corner of the car, but once driving they should all return to 38 psi hot. I used to start my tires at 32 psi cold before each session, but once Norm gave me this tip my car seemed more consistant during a race. Seems to make some sense as when doing this my tire pressures just before heading out are often very close to 32 psi has I had been setting them too. However I don't need to fudge for the sun heating up the tires on one side of the car.

BTW... over 40 psi on RA-1 = lots of sliding. I am not quite sure of how the R888 will do yet.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by joepaluch.

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #438

i'm with you but the track temps were just crazy this weekend ... when the sun came out we made heat in the tires and all was well . but when the sun went away it was cold ! so no tire temps ???

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #442

SvoChuck wrote:
i'm with you but the track temps were just crazy this weekend ... when the sun came out we made heat in the tires and all was well . but when the sun went away it was cold ! so no tire temps ???

I seem to have been able to get 6-7 psi increase in tire pressure irrespective of ambient temp. It may take a bit longer when we have a morning 40F session in January than a 100F race in the summer, but things still seem to get to similar pressure.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by joepaluch.

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years, 1 month ago #451

• dmdirks
Front:
350 lb springs, Weltmeister bar, Koni's set to about mid-way (I think), stock rubber control arm bushings & top strut mounts. Camber is approx -3 deg. Toe was set to zero about a year ago.

Rear:
30mm torsion bars, Weltmeister 22mm sway bar, Koni's set on the softer side, poly spring plate & arm bushings. Camber was screwed up thanks to Firestone (-2.5/-2.0) and the toe was set to +1/8.

Tire pressures: I set them to 28 cold and didn't get a chance to play with them. My guess for weight is around 2640 with a 1/4 tank of gas.

#77- Michelle's car:
Front:
350 lb springs, Turbo bar with Delrin inner bushings, stock shocks, stock rubber control arm bushings & top strut mounts. Camber was maxed out, toe was set to approx. -1/16.

Rear:
28mm torsion bars, Weltmeister 22mm sway bar, stock shocks, stock rubber bushings, Camber was horrible and toe was set to +1/8.

Tire pressures: same as my car. Car plus driver weighed 2706 lbs.

Her car is about 3 seconds slower than mine at PMI...for now, anyway.
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by dmdirks.
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds