Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ideas on spending Dirks's TOYO bucks ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ideas on spending Dirks's TOYO bucks ?

Ideas on spending Dirks's TOYO bucks ? 14 years, 6 months ago #5959

So we have some TOYO bucks left over from last year and some more coming this year (assuming who ever wins the top 3 spots shares this ) .

So what do we want to spend this money on ?

#1. Dirks and I were talking about buying a Traqmate to share with the group. Dirks would keep it at his house. but on race weekends or when ever, we all could share it and the information (via a secure website). The thought here like weight rewards is to make the racing better for all of us. By seeing where someone is faster you can improve !

#2 a camera system to go with the Traqmate that way you can put the whole picture in place on how to beat me .

or good ole #3 I could give out around 12 tires or 24 half tires to the group ???

Other ideas ? I want to hear them .

Re:Ideas on spending Dirks's TOYO bucks ? 14 years, 6 months ago #5971

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
First of all. Thanks to the top drivers for sharing the TOYO bucks!
Option #1 as long as we'll be able to move the traqmate from car to car enough to make it useful for a large number of drivers. As I've stated in other posts I'd really like to see a combination of increasing our driver skills and the intricate knowledge of subtlies of car set-up.
Now that I think I have my major car issues worked out I want to work on the other knowledge I need to be as fast as I can be. I am hoping to work on that next year with seat time, data logging and hopefully with some coaching added in.

This is why I am in 944 Spec and not some other class.
Lee

Re:Ideas on spending Dirks's TOYO bucks ? 14 years, 6 months ago #5973

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
I like the idea of the group Traqmate. That’s been by far the best purchase I’ve made for the car, and I wish I would have bought one years earlier. With a very small amount of work before-hand, it is very easy to swap from car-to-car during the weekend (especially with a battery, but the hard-wired power connection makes it pretty easy, too, if anyone who would use the Traqmate pre-installs one in their car).

And to repeat what Lee said – thanks to Dirks and everyone else who shares their winnings for this kind of thing.
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds