Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2013 Rules Changes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2013 Rules Changes

2013 Rules Changes 11 years, 6 months ago #14002

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Any discussion forming on possible changes yet? Seems like its that time of year. Obviously aside from the tire change, any other changes coming that are being discussed?
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: 2013 Rules Changes 11 years, 6 months ago #14003

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
Turbos, sequential gearboxes, full aero, carbon/kevlar chassis/body, thats about it....

AgRacer wrote:
Any discussion forming on possible changes yet? Seems like its that time of year. Obviously aside from the tire change, any other changes coming that are being discussed?
Old Racer!

Re: 2013 Rules Changes 11 years, 6 months ago #14004

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Id rather have more LS1...
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: 2013 Rules Changes 11 years, 6 months ago #14010

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
In all seriousness, how about raising min-weight to 2700# or so?

The thought being that we might be able to attract some AX or street/strip guys that cant completely give up the street legality.

There are also guys out there that do not want to spend the money to tow the car to the track every time.

Also there are bigger guys/gals than others that might have 100# on some of us too!

This is one rule change which does not raise cost in fact it likely reduces it.

Thoughts?
Old Racer!
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by joeblow.

Re: 2013 Rules Changes 11 years, 6 months ago #14012

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I'd be in for a weight gain, maybe 50 lbs instead. It might keep the cars more like a street car but going backwards might be tough for some cars.

Re: 2013 Rules Changes 11 years, 6 months ago #14013

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
I think there is more than a few people who wouldn't mind this. I think that there is a possibility that it might leave some of the 924S behind since I have heard of some not being able to add enough ballast under NASA rules to be able to make weight. On the other hand, it sounds like there's more than a few cars that have most of the easy weight reduction done and still aren't close.

How does a 50-100 lb increase affect the consumables like brake pads and tires?

I need to pay more attention to my car's weight. It still has the full dash, heater equipment, bumper pads but most everything else removed. I rolled across the scales last week end at around 2620 with a few gallons in the tank. I also no longer had an LSD in the car, which through using my calibrated arms, feels like its worth 20 lbs or so.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds