Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14302

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Foxx, you are always such a rebel and stirring up trouble

I cant see the need for a trans cooler! It just does not seem to be an issue.

Bigger issue is using a used trans without resetiing the ring and pinion depth.

Thanks cooler will only add weight in a place that we want it so it is unfair to those who do not have it. A select few will add a very heavy cooler with lots of oil capacity.

And as always "NO NEW RULES" PLEASE!!!
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14303

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Foxx wouldn't need a cooler for his trans if he didn't get out in the weeds where the air flow isn't sufficient.

<grin>
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by JerryW.

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14305

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
hahahaha

What Foxx is still off course!
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14307

Big Dog wrote:
Headlight covers - I have found that I put my hand on the headlight covers frequently when leaning over the engine bay and have bent the al. brackets down a number of times because of that. I have no problem allowing this change for those that want it but agree that they should be painted.

As for allowing changes "after the face", that was done with the air intake system so it is not a big deal, IMO.

Why not go ahead and allow trans coolers and oilers with the new rule change. It does not seem to be a performance advantage. I would like to see a very detailed "How to" that goes along with the change to make it easier for those of us that have never opened up a trans to do it. Something with detailed part numbers, sources for parts, etc. rather than just a "drill and tap a hole and put a fitting in".

OK Big Dog, sounds like a great project for you! We'll be sure to give you credit on the tech article! My plate's a little full right now...

I put a trans temp gauge in my car for the last event. Trans temps take a long time to come up, and eventually hit around 220-230 degrees. It's only one data point, at one track - it'd be nice to have more before we decide on if this is needed. Anyone know if the factory non-turbo 944 Cup cars had coolers?

One difference between the am air and the headlight is that ram air was never illegal. Intakes beyond the AFM were free. When people started finding this was effective, we had to make a decision on wether to outlaw it or not. when we decided against it, we decided to make the rule more clear. These headlight covers clearly violate the current rules, and we would have to make them legal through a rules change. Keep those opinions & thoughts on this coming though. Your point on the covers being stronger is interesting.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14311

Counter point to the covers being stronger is that removal of the nose panel (on the later cars) would be a PITA if the covers were riveted to the fenders. Therefore it is likely that only early cars would mount covers using this method. Unfair aero advantage?

I have my original covers mounted with 3 sheet metal screws, one on the leading edge and one on each side. It is simple, looks fine, and works. I can remove the nose panel by removing only the screw on the fender side and the fasteners for the nose panel (I don't use the nose panel to fender bolts as they are hard to get out).

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14312

AgRacer wrote:
... If it were that big of a deal to remain looking stock, then why do we allow people to gut/fabricate new dash panels?..

This was done a few years back because it was getting hard to keep old dashes looking good. Some are really crack and look rather nasty. So rather than force people to use ugly stock dashes or buy new ones. We let people fab them. I would have preferred stock, but it just did not make sense any more.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds