Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14316

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
OK I'll fab up a new light cover. It will start at the hood opening and run straight down to the lip of the bumper. I can't paint but you get the idea. I think it won't take long for it to get out of hand. Just stick whith what we got!

IMG_0560-a1.jpg
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14330

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
cbuzzetti wrote:
Foxx, you are always such a rebel and stirring up trouble

I cant see the need for a trans cooler! It just does not seem to be an issue.

Bigger issue is using a used trans without resetiing the ring and pinion depth.

Thanks cooler will only add weight in a place that we want it so it is unfair to those who do not have it. A select few will add a very heavy cooler with lots of oil capacity.

And as always "NO NEW RULES" PLEASE!!!

I don't see you crying foul of people with big engine oil coolers and strategically placing accusumps in odd locations. We talk about some of those wild speculations in the other thread and here you go automatically assuming that somebody is going to find the utter end of the rule that benefits him for that last tenth.

The point I was trying to make is that there is evidence to suggest that the ring and pinion aren't getting oiled properly. Its not even about oil temps. If the pinion gear isn't getting enough oil then its not cooling properly. That heat then transmits into the carrier bearing wearing it out at an accelerated rate and before you know it, the depth gets all messed up and you end up with a pile of Audi 5000 trans axles with chewed up ring and pinion gears.

The days of $250 replacement trans axles are dwindling. I was lucky to find one for that price in Texas. Most down here start at $400 and go up from there.

The rules have been accommodated to support engine longevity. Its time we pay some attention to transaxle longevity IF actually needed. Much like the dyno cap, I think its something that needs some data gathered on to see if its actually something substantial.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by AgRacer.

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14337

• Bottoz
  • Seasoned Racer
RacerX wrote:
OK I'll fab up a new light cover. It will start at the hood opening and run straight down to the lip of the bumper. I can't paint but you get the idea. I think it won't take long for it to get out of hand. Just stick whith what we got!

16.3.6 Sunroofs must be securely mounted. All sunroof components such as motors, cables etc may be removed. Replacement of the sunroof with a metal panel is allowed. Filling in of the gaps to create a non-sunroof appearance is allowed. Entire roof panels may be replaced with panels similar in contour and weight of stock non sunroof cars. Roof support structure on sunroof cars may be modified to match a non-sunroof configuration.

So... entire roof panels can be replaced, yet we haven't seen that (yet).

In my opinion, make a rule that says "headlight covers" can be fabricated similar to the sunroof situation, and call it good. Per 944SPEC... if it doesn't say you can do it, you can't. Full nose covers won't be allowed.

PS... your photochop skills are just about good as mine! Nice work lol!
C.J. Botts
1984 944 #37

2007 RM HPDE Driver of the Year
2010 RM Instructor of the Year
2013 RM 944SPEC Director
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by Bottoz.

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14343

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Hey Ag, oil coolers for the engine and Accusumps are already legal.

I am concerned with new rules for no real reason. We race in a very hot enviroment pretty much year round and are not seeing alot of transaxle failures.

Are there racers who will look for every advantage given? YES

Am I one of them? YES

Thats how I know it will happen.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14346

Here's the guy delivering Foxx's new trans cooler:

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14362

• Big Dog
  • Banned
That is the one for the left side. He will bring the right side one tomorrow.
Jim Foxx
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds