Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14363

• Jkeg22
  • Drivers Ed
++1 For the headlight cover rule change. It is very hard to get access to bolting or screwing them in place there's not a lot of metal to drill through so most of the ones I've seen are barely held in with more than one or two screws which makes them very week and or loose, if you lean on them they just fold up. If the car has been in any sort of accident it is also very hard to get them fitted back in place-the metal covers are strong and much easier to replace. We had one this year that the screws rattled out of and was flipping up and down under braking and acceleration others are held in with packaging tape, I would be willing to supply a cardboard template to anybody who desired the sheet metal headlight covers! It would be very nice to have the option to do something different if wanted to just like the sunroof! I also have templates for marker lights and rocker panels another spot that looks horrible and is very hard to repair!

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14365

+5 for headlight covers

Reasoning for change MUST include at least 1 of the following:
---------->a) Will decrease series cost because…
+1 *** won't have to redo when it gets leaned on and easier to fix
---------->b) Will increase series growth because…
+2 *** cars look cleaner and classier
---------->c) Will improve competition because…
+3 *** with nicer looking cars comes interest and new drivers and with class growth comes better competition
---------->d) Will provide more clarity because...
+4 *** it will be worded like sunroof rule - 9 pages of comments (so far) show there isn't clarity. Let's be thoughtful in how it is worded.
---------->e) Will improve reliability because...
+5 *** the end result is safer and less prone to breakage than other examples

I respect each viewpoint, but I think we all need to challenge ourselves as Eric has asked to improve and grow the class and revisit the rules with fresh information. In my opinion, this is one small step toward showing potential drivers we take pride in our class and our cars.

I've seen a lot of hard work put into cars this year to make them look good. I will be adding some steps in the off season to improve my car's appearance as well because it makes a difference. We are all billboards for this class every time our cars are in view.

Which example makes a better impression?

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14393

This is a lot of discussion over a non-problem in my opinion.

However, IF this is allowed, I request to be able to weld the covers to the nose panel so I can remove the whole thing as one piece. I would then fill the seams for better aero and tape the seam to the fender. It is only fair if others are allowed to run a cover over the air gaps.

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14394

In general I am a rules minimalist, like many of you. But…

Headlight covers, I do not have them, but I have seen them first hand:

---------->e) Will improve reliability because...

Because when I lean over the engine, I sometimes bend them. Worse yet, and yes this is (in part) a late-night-RM-Division-beer-drinking problem, but I digress… Is when someone sits on the front of your car in the paddock and puts their ass cheek right through your headlight hole – it is bad. I can always fix it, but if I could just fix it once more I would take that route. Further, they are cheap, will not become required equipment, don’t provide an advantage, and will not lead to a full frontal one-piece thing unless we allow it.
Ashley Burt
2011 RM Champion
2012 RM Champion

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14395

I see no difference whether I weld and fill the stock parts (not a fiberglass replica) or put a sheet cover over the area.

My way is cleaner, free (assuming you can do the work), and weighs the same as stock.

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 10 months ago #14450

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Is it time to remove the option for Bilstein shocks? As far as I know, they can not be used with the 85.5 and later suspension as those suspensions do not have a way to hold Bilstein's into the strut so they are not even an option for those guys.

Some believe they are better than the Koni's so there is a perception of "better/worse" that will drive costs if we continue to allow them.

By specing the Koni's everyone will be "equal" in the shock area. I believe it was discussed a year or so ago about changing that. Is this the time? I would think it is. Perhaps, for those that have them, as of today, they can use them for the next year, except at Nationals. Anyone with them could notify their regional director for a waiver to use them for regional races this year so they can be used up.
Jim Foxx
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds