Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2nd side bar on roll cage
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2nd side bar on roll cage

2nd side bar on roll cage 14 years, 9 months ago #5197

I really have no right to comment on rules as I am just starting to build my 1st car, but I did have an idea.

There are two side bars specified in the roll cage. Since bumpers are required on the cars and they are probably close to the same height, why not specify the bottom bar to be at that height off the ground?

Just a thought...

Re:2nd side bar on roll cage 14 years, 9 months ago #5200

I feel the new builder is the guy with the most input in our rules . !

We (the drivers of 944-spec) want to make it and keep it "low cost equal racing" So as your building a car we really try to keep the must have items to the lowest number possible.

AS for the side bar . I think the bar inside the door is near perfect height so we do have a nice safety item buit in. Hank (Hanksville hotrods) builds his cages to the top and bottom of that bar, and when I sheared CJ last year it worked perfect in keeping CJ bumper away from me.

Good thoughts .

Re:2nd side bar on roll cage 14 years, 8 months ago #5201

Good idea, but tough to establish & regulate. Cars run at different ride heights, noses dive under braking, and we run with other cars of various heights. The Hanksville cage is a good one, as it's proved itself. Make your own cage as safe as you can!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:2nd side bar on roll cage 14 years, 8 months ago #5203

We run with other 944 and other types of cars as well. I don't believe we really want to dictate any greater specification for the cage bars other than what is in the NASA CCR's. The only exception is where cage bars could be used to stiffen the chassis.

With respect door bars each driver needs to do what works best for them in terms of configuation and placement. I recommeded to all to keep the factory door bar and work with it but each driver has their own needs and limitations.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds