Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to 944spec

New to 944spec 7 years, 11 months ago #20845

I recently purchased a 944Spec that is in process. I need to complete it and get it sorted out. I have a question on the wheels. Rules state must use stock wheels. The car I purchased has later model turbo wheels which I know can not be used. So in my search for wheels are 924 and 944 phone dial wheels the same? Enjoyed watching yall at RA this past weekend.

Re: New to 944spec 7 years, 11 months ago #20846

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Glad to hear there is another one coming to join us! I would have like to meet you last week end but I was super busy running around. Did you happen to meet any of the other Spec racers?

First question relating to wheels is what year is your car? If it is an early car with steel front control arms, then you need to source 15x7 cookie cutters. If it is a late car with aluminum front control arms, then you need to find 15x7 phone dials. The late offset phone dials can be found for cheap all over the place. The early offset cookie cutters are starting to be harder to find due to the vintage and VW crowd buying them up.

The 924S came with phone dials, but they are 6 inches wide and not what you want. There are also supposedly a few early offset 15x7 phone dials around, but they are several pounds heavier than all the other wheels so are not desirable.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: New to 944spec 7 years, 11 months ago #20848

Thank you for the quick response, saved me from making a mistake. I had a feeling the 924S where not going to work. The car is an '88 so 15x7 phone dials. I did see you but you were pretty busy. I did talk with Brian Evans for a few minutes.

Thanks again.

Re: New to 944spec 7 years, 10 months ago #20854

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
There is a for sale ad in the parts section for two sets of late offset phone dials you can grab for cheap. He seems like a motivated seller and is in Cumming, GA. They already have some of the right kinds of tires on them for track use.

944spec.org/944SPEC/forum/for-sale-other...-dials-and-proxes-rr
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 7 years, 10 months ago by AgRacer.

Re: New to 944spec 7 years, 10 months ago #20856

Hey JT-

Brad (the seller) doesn't live far from the Chicken Shack. If you ended up making a deal I could meet up with him and store the wheels until you can make it out.

Brian
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
  • Page:
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds