Moving to Dallas advice needed.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moving to Dallas advice needed.

Moving to Dallas advice needed. 7 years, 11 months ago #20737

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
Hey yall.
Moving out to Dallas area from SoCal starting in June. I am active 944 Racer and need to find a place for storage near Plano/Dallas or such very soon. Will be looking for some sort of rental house or may have to get apartment maybe July. I need to find a storage place for 24ft enclosed, 924S3 and my stuff. The plan is Wife and I are going to be in Texas about 1/3 the years in other states and Thailand rest year. So trying to figure out a plan for rent or maybe buy house. (if price is right)
Any advice would be welcome.
PS don't hate me coming from SoCal. I am originally from Nashville.
Thanks
Jim
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant

Re: Moving to Dallas advice needed. 7 years, 11 months ago #20741

• cgktexas
  • Senior Racer
I live on the East side of the Metroplex and as for storage out this way there seems to be plenty available. House prices are more reasonable around here than what you would see in SoCal, and from what I have seen and heard, there seems to be more and more apartments being built.

It will be a bit more expensive in Dallas/Plano and a bit more crowded as well. A little further north of there are some nice places like McKinney.
Curt King
Flying Penguin Racing
an OtterHouseProduction (www.otterhouseproductions.com)
Rockwall, TX
#14 1987 944 Spec - in work (and getting closer)
For His Glory Ministry
Lake Pointe Church
Upper Room Dallas
TJT
Autism Speaks

Re: Moving to Dallas advice needed. 7 years, 11 months ago #20742

• Timwold
I am in the center of the metroplex in Coppell which is just north of DFW. I am not sure about the storage places in Plano. If you want to find one quick I can send you the number for the one I store my trailer, it is in Lewisville. You can use it until you find one closer to where you will live. It is right off of I35E and I have stored my trailer there since we moved to Dallas in 2010. I pay 200 a month for covered parking for my 20' v nose. I keep my car in the trailer.

One recommendation is to find one with covered parking as we tend to get hail storms.

Let me know if you want the number.
Todd Imwold
1983 Spec Car #143

Re: Moving to Dallas advice needed. 7 years, 11 months ago #20757

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
Thanks for responses.
We will have to checkout some of the more rural burbs of metroplex north-ish. Was out there a couple weeks back and thought everything seems really nice. Roads were really good compared to out in Cali. Darn good BBQ in Texas! will check out Mckinney. 200/mo trailer parking is kinda more pricey then I hoped for but should be ok for the short term. If I get a house and barn or such then It will be short term.

Do hail storms break or just dent? My trailer is old 1991 with corragated so not to worried about a few more dents. We rarely even see rain here, so just don't know things about weather you would consider common sense.

Yes Tim please send me any name and or number of places.

I am getting ready for this weekend @ AutoClub/Fontanna Speedway (Outside LA) with NASA this weekend. should be fun with 14 spec cars

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant

Re: Moving to Dallas advice needed. 7 years, 11 months ago #20762

email sent. Steve.

Re: Moving to Dallas advice needed. 7 years, 10 months ago #20887

• Timwold
Jim-

Checking in to see how the move is going. also to let you know you need to put Hallett in October and MSR Cresson in November on your calendar.

Todd
Todd Imwold
1983 Spec Car #143
  • Page:
Moderators: Timwold
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds