Username Password: Remember me

Forum Discussions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Forum Discussions

Forum Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago #16949

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Everyone. Regarding our forum, something has been bothering me for quite some time. In many of our regions there is almost no discussion going on here. In addition, there is almost no discussion going on at the NASA 944 forum either.

I realize that there is lots of chatter that goes on through private groups within regions but that has moved lots of great discussion off-line.

It seems to me that when new or prospective racers come to our forum they do not see a vibrant, active forum, especially in the various regional sections, and I think that hurts our "recruiting' efforts by not showing the chatter that actually goes on.

I would like to suggest that each region and each racer think about this unintended consequence of our private groups and move much of that discussion back to this forum in your regional section. Heck, talking about who is going to be at the next race, who needs some part, what food plans are being made, indicates the close knit groups that really exist and I believe there are those out there that want that kind of class to race in.

What do you folks think? Do you think it is helpful to show our cards to the world? If so, try to move the "good" chatter back to this forum and, perhaps, to the NASA forum as well.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Forum Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago #16951

I agree Jim, the vote from last week, I think we had 15 voting out of how many in the country?
Norman #99

Re: Forum Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago #16953

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
That was some of the reasoning behind this post

944spec.org/944SPEC/forum/general/16946-forum-help-and-updates

Links that have nothing in them, old schedules and results make the forum look deserted and......
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by RacerX.

Re: Forum Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago #16954

Speaking as a guy who's hoping to track his first 944 Spec car in the spring, I can't agree with you more. I've been sure that I wanted to race in this class for several years now, but when it came time to buy a car and I checked back in to this forum and noticed that my region's forum (RMR) was cold by several months, I really started to wonder whether I was about to invest in a dead class.

Re: Forum Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago #16958

• Bottoz
  • Seasoned Racer
John, we have an e-mail list group where most of the Rocky Mountain chat goes on. I'll add you to the group.
C.J. Botts
1984 944 #37

2007 RM HPDE Driver of the Year
2010 RM Instructor of the Year
2013 RM 944SPEC Director

Re: Forum Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago #16959

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Having e-mail groups is what my stated concern is. That is where lots of discussion goes on, in So. Cal. and Nor. Cal. as well. What that does is give others the appearance that we are not an active group.

For most of the communication, is there any reason not to have it on the forum? Having it here would bring life back into it.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds