Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

high comp pistons
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: high comp pistons

high comp pistons 15 years, 10 months ago #1759

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
i am trying to find the high compression pistons/88 motor setup for a new 944spec i am putting together. they do seem hard to come by. what i did come across was brand new exact replacement mahle pistons. are these legal for spec since they are same as stock? anyone have any experience with these?

www.heritagemotorcar.com/research/piston.htm
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re:high comp pistons 15 years, 10 months ago #1761

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Hopefully you are not looking at the ones in the bottom picture ! We have enough problems keeping up with you -- the 968 Turbo would be a bit much !
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:high comp pistons 15 years, 10 months ago #1762

There are 3 different tollerances, 0 - 1 - 2

It is very important that you have the correct pistons for your block, so you need to find out what block you have to know which pistons you need, I know of some that are for a 0 tolerance block.
Norman #99

Re:high comp pistons 15 years, 10 months ago #1774

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
are the 1 and 2 oversize for overboring/oversizing the cylinders? we can't do that with spec rules anyway. only problem is finding a used block with no wear on the bores cause we can't overbore.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re:high comp pistons 15 years, 10 months ago #1775

• Utah944
  • Junior Racer
Post a WTB on the pelican parts 944 used parts forums. Some of the guys want why too much for the parts but I have found some reasonable sellers. I have dealt with a parts above (not sure of the name) and he seems reasonable. if yo post what you are looking for you will receive responses.

Re:high comp pistons 15 years, 10 months ago #1778

rlofgren wrote:
are the 1 and 2 oversize for overboring/oversizing the cylinders? we can't do that with spec rules anyway. only problem is finding a used block with no wear on the bores cause we can't overbore.

the 1's and 2's are not overbores and are legal in 944-spec. I would guess they are .01 - .05 mm larger than a size "0" . So maybe if you had some of these slightly larger pistons they would fit better in a block with some wear on it.

the overbore size is 100.5 vs 100 mm stock .
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds